Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Approaches...


This Halloween I will not be shlepping makeup on every girl and her mother that wants to be a "sexy kitten" or a "sexy police woman" or a "sexy piece of shit"...you get the picture. I will put on my finest and most comfortable soccer clothes and be ONLY female soccer player in all of South Korea. It will be quite a scene for my little ones.
Sara and I will be hosting our Halloween gathering in our empty apartment so our after school costumes have to be superb...we are working on the details as we speak.

Last weekend was one for the record books. I don't think I have ever been so hung over for such a long, consecutive period of time. Here, in Korea, it is just one event after the other. Starting out your weekend of debauchery on a Thursday at Open Mic night doesn't help the cause...but when followed by a manditory school branch dinner/bar night, you weekend is basically thrashed from the get go. After laying around attempting to recover ALL Saturday, we headed to the local watering hole, Guri Bar for a birthday party which was only the climax of our weekend, ending in bumpy, Sunday family dinner, consisting of excellent vegan dishes and lots and lots of red wine.

We hope to make this week a little more productive than the weekend. We have been planning to take a hike all this week, we will see if it actually happens. We have acquired more furniture from a friend that is leaving the country on Saturday. We will be moving in into our place tomorrow morning before work. Then, we have the task of rearranging our apartment perfectly for our get together and coming up with the best costumes ever...any ideas?

Other than that, teaching is getting a lot easier. I have control over my classes, as the end of the session approaches. I now know what I have to do from the get go to get those little helions to behave. From what I have been told, our 1st week of vacation is coming up at the end of January...so any one is welcome to come. We are thinking about going to Thailand. We found a really cheap travel site where it will cost us about as much as it would to fly from LA to Denver. Amazing.

It is finally starting to get cold here which I welcome with open arms. A year in the OC with all the sun and heat has made me really welcome the seasons. From what I have been told, it doesn't snow here. We have winter weather about as cold as Monterey, just not as foggy. I can't wait to go snowboarding in other parts of the county. Korea is so small that it would seriously only take a 6 hour car ride to drive from tip to tip...and its only that long because its very mountainous.

That's all for now!
see ya next week

love love love
erika :)

No comments: